Saturday, October 9, 2010

Books & Authors

Ok, now for some details.  As I said before I've added over 300 books to my Kindle and I've been reading like there's no tomorrow! LOL!  Some of my favorite authors (both old and new in no particular order) are:
Anne McCaffrey -- I love her Brain & Brawn series, Dragonriders of Pern, Crystal Singer series and PeeTayBee series.
Kerrelyn Sparks -- her Love at Stake series is fantastic.  Her most recent release was "Eat Prey Love" all about Carlos the were-panther shifter.  I love her characters and the stories are always such a fun read. 

I should probably say here that my main reason for reading is pleasure.  I love entertainment and I tend to really enjoy strong, well fleshed out characters and stories that make me ride an emotional roller coaster as I read them.  I want to laugh, cry and really just have a great time following along on their adventures and that's what I really look for in a book. 

Kathy Love -- her brother's series is really a blast to read.

J R Ward -- Black Dagger Brotherhood and her newer Fallen Angel series are awesome.  I picked up her 3rd book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood some years ago and after reading about Zhadist and Bella I was totally hooked!  I had to search for the first two books and I haven't missed a single one since!

Amanda Ashley -- Fantastic stories, great characters, fun reads.

Cathryn Fox -- her Pleasure Inn series was a lot of fun to read.

Christine Feehan -- The Carpathian series -- lots of great reading here. 

Christine Warren -- The Others series, I've read seven of them and each one is a pleasure to read.

Kathryn Smith -- Brotherhood of Blood series.  Really great reads.

(If you think you're seeing a trend here you are.  I'm into Vampires, werewolves and all sorts of other paranormal reads.  Again I have to say it's the story & the characters that drive my buying and reading.  Consistently strong, funny, caring characters and good story lines are a guarantee I'll keep coming back again and again.)

Sherrilyn Kenyon -- Dark Hunter/ Dream Hunter -- fantastic!!  Her most recent release, No Mercy, is one I've got in both e-book format and hardback. 

David Weber -- His Honor Harrington space saga is just excellent.  What a strong female lead and a great story line.  His recent releases have all included a CD with the entire series in HTML and e-book format.  Not many of these are actually available in e-book format anywhere but on the CD. 

Stephanie Meyer -- Yes I've read the Twilight Series and follow the videos as well.  Also her alien race book The Host was a good read. Took me awhile to get into it but I enjoyed the story over all.

Nora Roberts, Jeaniene Frost, Kresley Cole, Karen marie Moning, Lorelei James, Mari Carr, Lauren Dane, Maya BanksRachel Vincent, Nicole Austin, Gena Showalter, Eve Silver, Delilah Devlin, Bianca D'Arc, Anara Bella, Nora Roberts, and so many many more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment