Thursday, December 9, 2010

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

I finished reading Insatiable by Meg Cabot last night and it was a very good read and well worth my time! The chracters were interesting and the story very well done.  I liked Meena, Lucien and Alaric.  These three stood out, more fully developed and each of them had their issues.  I believe that this is what makes a good character, the issues they have to deal with and how they go about it.  This was a very enjoyable read and a unique take on the retelling of a Dracula story.  It kept me interested and grinning all the way through.  The tongue in cheek attitude of Mary Lou, the whiney brother Jon, the attitude of Leisha, Meena's best friend all worked perfectly to keep interest and at times frustration with the characters going.  It was interesting to see how Meena and Alaric changed over the course of the story.  I can highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys a fun walk among the vampires a la Buffy.  I'm looking forward to reading the sequel that she says should be out some time in the summer of 2011.

Meena Harper is a script writer for a nighttime soap opera and can tell when someone is going to die just by touching them.  She's hoping for a promotion to head writer and wants nothing more than for people to leave her alone. Her brother Jon is out of work and still seeming to try and find himself, living with his sister and crushing on the young woman in his sister's soap opera.  Lucien is king of the vampires and teaching history in a college in Romania.  When the bodies of three young women turn up in Central Park, drained of blood and covered in bites, Lucien decides its time to come out of hiding and put an end to whomever it is that is so flagrantly disregarding his orders. Hopefully before the Palantine Guard is called into this.  What he doesn't expect to find is Meena, the one woman who can breach the dark wall around his heart and make him actually feel again. 

Insatiable by Meg Cabot \ Vampire Romance   http://www.megcabot.com/insatiable/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like the look of yours. A book review blog is a great idea for a writer. People will want to make friends in hopes you'll review them someday.

    I did not know Meg Cabot had hopped the Vampire bandwagon. I'm kind of over vampires, but this one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and I'm glad you like my blog. Insatiable just sounded kind of interesting and I was pleasantly surprised to see the intersting take Meg Cabot put to the old Dracula story.

    ReplyDelete