Friday, February 24, 2012

The way I read

I read new books, I re-read favorite books, I listen to audio books ... it all depends on where I am and what is going on.  I read all the time when I can.  I have books at work that I crack open when I have a break or need a bit of a get-away.  I listen to audio books as I drive in to work in the mornings and home in the evenings and during the summer I listen to them while I mow the lawn.  We have about 3 acres to mow and riding on the mower for about 2 hours can get a tad boring without a good audio book.  I read while waiting for my granddaughter to finish her dance classes. I read at times when my wife and granddaughter are clothes shopping. Yes waiting while they try on clothes or decide which clothes are right, finding size, color and style can get a bit slow and reading keeps me close while not feeling like a third wheel.  I read when I take the truck into the shop. 

Currently I'm listening to Cast in Courtlight by Michelle Sagara.  This is a really great series and I love the way Khristine Hvam reads.  Cast in Courtlight is book 2 in this series and I'm looking forward to listening to the rest. 

I've listened to the entire Twilight series on audio CDs.  These make great listening on my drives to and from work.  And yes, like reading these books I love listening to them over again.

To me, reading is fun and a wonderful way to spend my time.

Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment