Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nearing the End of 2012

I hope everyone had a very wonderful Christmas and that the New Year is looming brightly ahead.  So many changes this year.  Some good, some not as good but change in itself is in general a good thing. 

So many new books, new authors, old friends and favorites.  When you read as much as I do you can't help but re-read any number of books.  Some are old friends that you love reconnecting with.  Others are new friends that you just don't want to let go of just yet.

This year I was introduces to Prudence MacLeod, Trin Denise, Jennifer McCormick, Shah Wharton, Lisa Goldstein, and so many others.  New books by Dana Marie Bell, David Weber, Tanya Allen, Suzie Carr, Kerrilyn Sparks, Amanda Ashley, Elizabeth Moon, Jeaniene Frost, Michelle Sagara, and many many more have brightened my days and brought new characters and adventures into my life. 
I've read hundreds of stories this year and next year promises me even more. 

I've slipped back into my crocheting and knitting.  My wife has gotten an interest in soap making and essential oils, skin creams and other things home made.  She's still doing her quilting and we and a few friends have the quilts to show for her efforts!  This has been a good year over all for all of us. 

I'm looking forward to see what next year has in store for us.  New stories, new authors, new crafts and creative efforts. 

I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment